Pillar pages are the foundation of your website. They are the pages that you want to rank for your most important keywords. The following items are from Lee Wilson.
- Through the use of pillar pages, you are able to land people at the heart of the topic they are interested in.
- Site speed and mobile-friendliness as ranking factors. Don’t forget to check PageSpeed and Google Search Console’s Core Web Vitals.
- Core Web Vitals (CWVs) are a more recent manifestation of this.
- Centralizing all related topical content from one main landing destination (the pillar page). For example, Home page, Solution page, and Product comparison page.
- Natural, Value-Based, Link Building.
- With your pillar pages you are supplying, free, easy-to-access, share and promote content resources, perfect for link acquisition, brand building, and PR.